You can help save babies from abortion, by using your gifts and abilities. From the suggestions below, choose at least one way you can make a difference. Pray and “Do whatever he tells you” (John 2:5).
Build up prolife organisations
- Find out about prolife groups in your area and join one of them.
- Donate money and help them raise funds.
- Volunteer your time, especially in your area of skill: e.g. book keeping; administration, maintenance, counselling, writing or public speaking.
- Offer to be the prolife issues committee member at your church or Christian organisation.
- Start a new prolife group at your institution.
- If you are a leader or publication editor, encourage others to support and join a prolife group.
- Pray for Gods blessing and protection on prolife groups.
- Support prolife political candidates, lobby groups, educational and welfare groups.
- Educate yourself first by reading prolife books so you can answer pro-abortion arguments.
- Study and learn prolife scriptures (See Christianview.org pamphlet on this).
- Find out where abortions are done in your area; how many; who is doing them and what methods they use.
- Find out who owns the building the abortionists work in; who else works there; what companies help them (e.g. bank, waste disposal, security).
- Find out the views of political, religious leaders, journalists and doctors in your area to identify allies; undecided people and your opposition.
- Keep a newspaper cuttings file on Sanctity of Life issues.
- Find out about attempts to legalise euthanasia and the arguments for and against this.
- Find out about illegal practices of abortionists such as killing babies over the legal age, infanticide or pressurising of healthworkers.
- Photocopy prolife pamphlets (e.g. this and others at Christianview.org). Place on notice boards and give to leaders.
- Hold a Bible study or discussion group on the Sanctity of Life.
- Show a prolife video to a group.
- Give a talk or invite a speaker.
- Take a group to visit a local pregnancy centre.
- Ask your church minister to preach on the Sanctity of Life.
- Encourage Christian bookshops to stock prolife books.
- Donate prolife books to your Church/organisation/or public library.
- Put prolife pamphlets on your church tract or newsletter rack.
- Write an article for your organisations publication.
- Promote abstinence among young people to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
- Subscribe to prolife email lists and forward to interested friends.
- Organise a seminar/conference on prolife and/or other moral issues for your church or organisation.
- Tell voters where parties stand on the issue.
Awareness and proclamation
- Use prolife clothing, lapel pins, and stickers.
- Set up a table in a public place with prolife literature to sell or give away.
- Put up prolife posters on notice boards (ask for from Christianview.org).
- Set up a prolife web page.
- Hand out small flyers with basic facts on development, abortion and a picture of an unborn baby.
- Advertise prolife events on your church or society notice board and announcements.
- Stand for public office and use your position to speak up for the unborn.
- Sing a prolife song or do a drama with a prolife theme.
- Encourage Christian media to advertise and discuss prolife issues.
- Write letters to your local newspaper and political leaders.
- Picket an abortion clinic or hospital that does abortions; parliament, a court house or government building where pro-abortion decisions have been made. Get permission to do so.
- Send a pair of prolifers to speak to local abortionists, pro-abortion lecturers or a political group.
- Give a medical lecturer alternative prolife readings to give to students.
- Challenge the opposition to debate on radio or public meeting or invite outside speakers to debate with them.
- Stop abortion advertising by challenging local newspaper or municipality or advertising agency.
- Give literature to local doctors and make aware of alternatives available.
- Collect signatures for a prolife petition.
- Complain to local newspapers about pro-abortion articles and submit an alternative viewpoint for publication.
- Complain to companies sponsoring pro-abortion groups and check if your medical aid pays for abortions.
- Complain to the Receiver of Revenue and the Department of Health for using your tax money to do abortions.
- Expose groups promoting abortion under the guise of sex education, values education or family planning. Encourage other groups to stop working with them.
- Encourage building owners to evict abortionists and companies they use such as waste disposal and security to stop helping them.
Helping unmarried mothers
- Support local pregnancy centres (use suggestions for building organisations above). Ask Christianview.org for a special pamphlet on this.
- Consider adopting an unwanted baby.
- Offer to baby-sit for a single parent.
- Offer money to a single parent in financial difficulty.
- Check on your company or educational institutions policy towards single mothers. Encourage them to be supportive.
- Encourage your prayer group to pray against abortion and to strengthen the prolife movement.
- Give Bible bookmarks with points to pray for to members of your congregation.
- Organise a special day of prayer and/or a fast against abortion in your area.
- Keep interested intercessors informed of prolife needs to pray for.
Whatever you do, try and involve others. Afterwards, tell others what you did. Send them a link to this web page and encourage them to choose something they can do to make a difference.